The tour starts with a drive to the Big Almaty Gorge, where at an altitude of 2,510 meters above sea level we find the Big Almaty lake. The lake is very beautiful, especially when its blue surface is absolutely calm, and it reflects the sky and surrounding mountains.
The Big Almaty lake was formed as a result of movement by an ancient glacier. Thanks to its location in the mountains, the water in the lake is always cool – even in July, the water temperature does not exceed 10 degrees. The lake is a source of potable water for Almaty city, which is why the access of tourists to the lake is limited. The tour route continues further up Big Almaty lake to the altitude of 3300 meters above sea level, where scientific premises for astronomical and space researches have settled. Here, you can enjoy a fascinating panorama of mountains and the Big Almaty lake, surrounded by the picturesque mountain peaks covered with Tian-Shan fir-tree, aspen and juniper.
On the way back to the town you will visit the Falcon Farm, where you will enjoy a spectacular show with specially trained hawks – hunting with them is one of the most unique features of the Kazakh way of life.
- Big Almaty Gorge
- Big Almaty Lake
- Falcon Farm and hunting birds show
- Pick-up/drop-off from the hotels/locations within city limits
- Picnic in nature
- All admission fees and tickets
- Environmental fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 3 years old are free of charge provided no seat is occupied
- Children must be accompanied by at least one adult
- Pick-up/drop-off from hotels/locations out of city limits available on request for extra charge
- Please specify special meal requirements at the time of booking (i.e. vegetarian, food allergy, etc)
- Free cancellation: 8 days or more prior to start date of activity.
- 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- 100% Cancellation Fee (no reimbursement): 3 days or less prior to date of activity.
For More information about this tour or to Book please click here